Hamrah is an educational and resource website primarily aimed towards Iranian and Farsi speakers that provides information on the disease of addiction both substances and behaviors, its effects on family members and recovery with 12 Step programs and Fellowships.
Given that addiction is scientifically proven to be a disease, and the effectiveness of 12 Step programs and Fellowships towards recovery from it, Hamrah hopes to empower those affected by this disease with information, so that they may find the means and the support to recover from it.
- Where addiction is not regarded as a stigma, a moral or a behavioral issue.
- Where people affected by addiction can recognise it as a disease.
- Where people affected by addiction are aware of its various manifestations, be it to substances or behavior addictions.
- Where people affected by addiction are aware of 12 Step programs and the support of anonymous Fellowships as the means to recover.
- Where family members of addicts can recover from the effects of addiction on their lives using family support Fellowships.
Hamrah aims to empower:
- Iranians and Farsi speakers worldwide suffering from addiction, be it to substances or behaviors.
- Iranian and Farsi speaking addicts in recovery wishing to enhance their knowledge of 12 Step programs and Fellowships.
- Family members and or friends seeking to recover from the effects of a loved one’s addiction on their lives.
- Iranians and Farsi speaking community members interested to learn about the disease of addiction and recovery with 12 Step programs.
- Drug services and professionals interested in enhancing their knowledge of 12 Step programs and Fellowships so as to support their Iranian and or Farsi speaking clients towards recovery.